Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Well this just makes me mad...

I can handle random women at my work rolling their eyes, and people thinking I must be a slut, but I CANNOT handle this.

My 17 year old boy cousin just texted me this..

"Y r u guys having another baby? ISN'T 1 ENOUGH RIGHT NOW! HAHA. THIS IS RIDICULOUS."

No I didn't accidentally hit cap locks, that is the way he sent it.

For starters, I am not even close to this kid. I talk to him at family events, and the only reason we have each other's numbers was because that was how I got ahold of my nana before she got a cell phone. Obviously we aren't close if he is just now finding out I'm pregnant. Like seriously?? My own blood is going to say something like that to me?  My mom, dad, and nana are all fine with this because they know that I can handle it, and yet I have some immature kid who's not even out of high school yet judging me? And might I mention that he's failing almost all of his classes in high school when I am making straight A's in college with my babies. I'd like to see him do that!

I gave him a piece of my mind, and he texted back "O okay. Well if u can afford another 1 than thats cool." Then he started rambling about how it needs to be a boy and be born in the summer because we have too many fall birthdays in the family. Seriously?? You are going to act all nice now. If you have no clue what you are talking about maybe you should ask me about it first. Especially if you are my family. I mean he obviously doesn't know when the baby is due.. it IS due in summer, so I would imagine it would be born in the summer.

I don't know, it just annoys me because he could have gone about it so much differently. I expect stuff like that from people I don't know, but not from someone in my family.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I understand. When we found out we were pregnant with Charleigh Drew had just been laid off. That wasn't our fault. A lot of people were being laid off everywhere due to the economy. Our own parents critized us but what we suppose to do. I was already pregnant but we had faith in God and ourselves and we worked hard. We tried the military but he was medically discharged so when he got home he found a job and worked his butt off and got promotion after promotion. We enrolled in school got a place and a car and keep going. Wneh I found out I was pregnant with ellanoa the same thing happened. More critizism. I mean didn't they learn that we can do it. We are smart then what people give us credit for. When we mention that we were going for a fourth it was more crap. People including family looked at us like we are stupid and don't know what we are doing but they are wrong. We are very responsible for our age though they like to argue that having a child non the less 3 or 4 is very irresponsible. But we k ow what we are capable of. Plus babies aren't conceived for no reason. They have a purpose. Just like the baby you are pregnant with now...it's fate. You used protection and it broke....only a 25% chance you would get pregnant and bam you did. It's not coincidence...it's God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my mom and she is going to tell my nana (which is his legal guardian), so hopefully he gets in trouble. He needs to learn that you don't judge people like that.
    I just wish people would have more faith in us. If we have the funds, patience, and responsibility to do it, then when makes us any different from older parents? Nothing, but people don't think of it that way. They know our age, so in their eyes we are always going to fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy! I can't believe someone would do that. That's a lot of nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope he learns his lesson. I know. We are reasonable young adults that love and provide for our children why can't they see that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't matter. As long as my children are happy and have everything they need then I am fine. I don't care what people think of me. I do hate that my children are probably be going to deprived of some friendships because their parents won't trust them with someone as young as me. That is the only reason I regret having a child "too young."

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd love to know what you said.

    ReplyDelete