Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Our first fall craft!

It's September! I know it's not technically fall yet, but it's close enough!

The main things you'll need are:

  • Clear contact paper (this is found in the housewares section. It's actually made to line your shelves with). 
  • Construction paper
  • Tissue paper
  • Scissors
  • A template to cut around (optional)
This can be done for any holiday, season, etc., but we're doing it for fall, so I found a pumpkin and two different leaves online, and printed them out. If you are really good at cutting free hand, then you don't have to have a template. Just cut away. I'm not good at free-handing, so I used the pumpkin and leaf to help me.
Just place your template on a piece of construction paper, and cut around it. 
Then, discard your template, and cut out the center of the shape, like this...

Cut a piece of contact paper big enough to cover the shape, and lay the shape on it, like this...

Tear up some pieces of tissue paper, like this...

Let the little ones have some fun sticking the tissue paper to the sticky contact paper.


When they're done, write their names on them if you'd like, then cut another piece of contact paper big enough to cover the shape, and stick it to the other side, so that all the construction paper and tissue paper is covered, like this...

Cut off the excess contact paper and display them! I put Grace's and Brentley's in the window because I like the way the light shines through the tissue paper.
Brentley's is on the left, and Grace's is on the right.


We're going to do the leaves too, but I don't have anymore brown construction paper (which is what I want to use for the outline), so I'll have to get some more, then we'll add leaves to the window as well! 

This was a really neat little craft, and it was easy enough that even Brentley could do it, and they both seemed to really enjoy it :)

UPDATE: We made the leaves too :)

2 comments:

  1. Samantha really enjoyed the flowers we made last Spring. I think it would be fun to do a pumpkin or something for fall. We don't have tissue paper though, so we use construction paper. Didn't think about tissue paper though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tissue paper because the the light shines through it. I got a pack of red and orange tissue paper for $1 at walmart! And for all the leaves and pumpkins we made I didn't even use a whole sheet of either color.

    ReplyDelete