Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, September 14, 2012

Meet the sicklings...

First, Grace had a runny nose and a fever. She got over it quickly, but not before Brentley caught it. He's got it bad. Runny nose, sneezing, fussy, swollen lymphs, and a major cough. It's so bad he can barely sleep. I was terrified that he had whooping cough (Yes, he has been vaccinated, but you can still get it even if you have. It's just less likely.). It has been spreading through our area, so I took him to the doctor today just to be sure. She said he just has a cold, but it seems to be a pretty bad one.

So, later I had to go to work. About an hour into work (with about 4 hours left), it felt like I was being held under water. My ears are clogged, my head is pounding, I'm achy all over, if I stand up too fast, I get dizzy. Nothing like mommy getting sick to show me what my baby is going through. I feel so bad for him! I haven't started coughing yet, but I can feel that tickle in my throat. I NEVER get sick when they do. This is a first for me. Heck, I rarely get sick at all.

I usually get up and hang out with Chris or clean after they've gone to sleep, but not tonight! I am staying in bed. Ohh, and I am FREEZING! I have been since I started feeling sick. I'm wrapped up in a comforter now, but it's not helping :/

Anyway... I think I may make Grace's Halloween costume. I can't find any that I really like, so I think I'm going to make a tutu, buy her some wings, and have her were her pink leotard and some tights.

I'm thinking something like this one... what do you all think?



2 comments:

  1. YOu poor guys! If it makes you feel any better, mine and Sam's sinuses are acting up BAD. I haven't been anle to talk for 4 days. We went outside on Monday because it felt good. Woke up the next morning, felt like crap. Next day, voice was gone.

    I think that is a good idea for her costume. I LOVE tutu costumes. :) Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys feel better soon!

    That tutu is super cute. I already made Kayelynn's costume. She's going to be an owl... Surprise, surprise.

    ReplyDelete