Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Party, party!

My sister's party is this weekend. She is having a rainbow theme, and I am going to make her cake! Here's to hoping it turns out well! I'll post pictures of it if it does lol.

Grace's birthday party is two months from tomorrow. We're still planning on doing a Candyland theme, and I am so excited about that! 

We decided that we are going to get her a LeapPad2 as her only present since it costs $100. Then she will have the party, and we'll take her to the Discovery Museum.

As for the party itself, we already have almost everything we need for it! When I bought Brentley's plates, cups, and table clothes, we bought some for Grace's party too, then we had a bunch left over that weren't even opened at Brentley's so we don't need anymore. I bought a 72 ct. bag of balloons for his party, and we only used like 20, so we have plenty of balloons for her party as well. And I'm making all the other decorations, which I have almost everything for as well!
Here's what I'm going to make...

We have TONS of construction paper, so this will be easy.

I have the plastic wrap. I don't have poles like that though, so if the plastics wrap weighs the balloons down, then we'll just have regular balloons.

I've been saving all our toilet paper and paper towels rolls. I'm going to wrap these in gift wrap and then in the plastic wrap, so they'll look more like the balloons above.

I'm also going to make some decorations the same was we did our fall craft that was featured in the last post.

I'm going to make a cake like this...


I'm going to be bigger around, and I'm going to change a few other little things, but this is the basic of it.

We're also going to have activities this year. There's going to be a cookie decorating session, and I'm going to do a drawing for the goody bags. I'm going to make it so that everyone will get one. I just thought it would be more fun for the kids that way.

I found these at Wal-Mart the other day, and I thought they were perfect for the girl goody bags!

I'll probably get some Hot Wheel's for the boy goody bags. I'm not really sure what I'll put in the ones for the two or three babies that will be there, but I'll figure something out.

The only things we have left to get is whatever else I'm going to put in the goody bags, some tissue paper, and her present!

Oh, and her invitations. Which I am only going to be sending out to about 12 different people/families. I'm not going to waste money sending invitations to people who don't even bother to say they won't be coming. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like some great ideas, and so awesome that you are finding creative ways to use the some of the same supplies from both parties. Makes it easier, I am sure.

    Oh, I am going to text you and ask if I can get her a certain gift. So if you haven't got it by now, text and ask me.

    Like I said, I will be there Saturday at her party! Glad I talked my Dad into a different day.

    ReplyDelete