Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yesterday and today (father's day)..


Yesterday was the last night of Riverbend and every year they have an amazing fireworks display, and since I knew Grace liked fireworks because of the ones from 1890's Day I wanted to take her to these. We (Chris and I) ended up getting there way to early so we walked over to the Aquarium because they have this little river type thing out front. It's not a real river though.. it's man made and runs all around the Aquarium.. it has chlorine in it, so it's completely clean. We eventually found a spot that was like maybe four inches deep so I wanted to let Grace stick her feet in because even though it was dark it was hot. When I stuck her feet in she kept trying to sit down over and over, so eventually we decided to take her clothes off and let her sit in it. She had a blast crawling around and splashing in it, but I was right there beside her the whole time because the bottom is concrete, so I didn't want her slipping and really hurting herself. About an hour before the fireworks started we walked back to the bridge and found an open spot. I wasn't sure how good we would be able to see from there, but there was already a ton of people lined up to see the fireworks. Turns out we were right in front of where they were shooting the fireworks off. We had an amazing view and Grace loved watching them! Unfortunately because that was the last night traffic was crazy after it was over. It took us 45 minutes just to get out of the parking garage!! and then they had all kinds of roads closed off, so we had to go all the way around the world. I had no idea where I was, so I just kept following everyone else in the hopes that they knew where they were going. My plan worked, but somehow it led to Hixson! That is a long way from Downtown and definitely back tracking for me. We didn't get home until after midnight! And Grace was so tired, but she refused to go to sleep in the car, so she cried most of the way home. I hate doing that to her, but that's just one of those times where it is necessary for her to cry it out.



Then today was Father's Day. First we went to eat lunch with my dad at Pizza Hut. When we got done with him Grace and I came back home and she took a nap while I read my book. We were supposed to go straight to Chris' after we got done with my dad, but Grace was so tired, so I let her take a nap first. When she woke up we went to Chris' and just hung out for awhile. Of course Chris' mom and Step-dad commandeered Grace
 like they always do, so Chris and I went in his room and watched TV. Then we gave him his present.. we got him some pajama pants because his other ones got a big hole in them, and then a movie he wanted. He seemed to really like them. Then we took him to eat at CiCi's.. he chose it,
seems to be his favorite restaurant lately. I hope he had a good first Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment