Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Today was a good day :)

I was supposed to go pick up our family pictures and go to work, but it didn't really work out that way. On my way to the portrait studio it started to poor down rain, and when I pulled in to park I got a call from the lady I work with saying that we were rained out, so we wouldn't be working.We didn't work last week, and we aren't going to work next week either.. that's $150 I won't be making!!! I need that money.. it really sucks. Then I went in to get the pictures and the lady said that due to the weather the delivery guy was running late, but that he would be there within an hour, so she took my number and said she would call when they came in. My mom was watching Grace since I was supposed to go to work, so I called her and told her, and she told me to wait for them since I was already out there. Instead of hanging out in the mall by myself I drove to Chris' house because he doesn't live to far from there. We waited around for awhile, and I said I was hungry hoping that we could grab something in the kitchen, but he offered to take me to Olive Garden.. my absolute favorite restaurant! So we went there, and while we were there the lady called, and said the pics were there, and we could pick them up whenever. So we finished up, and went to pick up the pics, and when we got there the lady said that since the pics were late she was going to give us three FREE sheets!! I was thinking "they were only a couple of hours late.. no big deal to me." But hey, who am I to refuse free professional pictures?? Those things are expensive. And the ones they gave us were special ones, with different effects, and boarders and stuff.. really nice!

Anyway.. as far as Chris and I.. I really understand that things are different now. I can see that he does care about me now, and I care so much about him. It's almost like when we first started dating again, but better because we have our daughter as this amazing connection! We can talk about anything, and laugh about everything. He has learned to control himself better, and I have learned to loosed up some. I can't even remember the last time we fought, and that feels so good. Before it seemed like I could remember a day we hadn't fought. Sometimes we'll get upset at each other (more me getting upset with him), but we have learned to drop it, and just say sorry. Yes, he actually says sorry! I understand now that it's not about who's right or wrong, and I think he does too. I see now that it is stupid to fight over small things, and we need to compromise on big things. Fighting leads nowhere.
He is just so much more sweet and loving now... to me and to Grace. It really amazes me how much he has changed.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is good. I am glad you two learned that lesson sooner than Jessie and I did. it took us 2 and 1/2 years. Awesome about the pics by the way! lol.

    ReplyDelete