For this project you will need to take a trip to your local craft store.
You will need:
- 3/4 in. round magnets
- 3/4 in. clear flat bottom marbles (usually found in or near the fake flower isle)
- Tacky Glue Clear Gel
- 3/4 in. hole punch (optional)
- First, you will need to hunt for the images you want on your computer. If the image you find is round you'll need to shrink it to .75" in. If is not a round image it will need to be slightly smaller... .73" or .72". I just copy and paste the image to a Word document and shrink it there. Nothing fancy.
- Then you will need to print your images off onto cardstock paper, and let them dry for about an hour to insure the ink is dry.
- Then you'll need to cut your images out. This is where a 3/4 in. hole punch comes in handy. It costs about $8, but it will save you a TON of time! I was so glad I bought mine, but if you don't want to buy one or can't find one, cutting them out works just as well. It just takes a lot longer.
- Place a small dot of glue on your image and spread it around. You can use the tip of your glue bottle, the stick of a q-tip, or a toothpick for spreading.
- Place the marble on, position the image exactly how you want it, then let them dry for an hour.
- Some marbles will be slightly not round or slightly smaller than others, so you will need to trim the edges of the image at this point, if any are visible.
- Place glue on the magnet, and then place the back of the image that is glued to the marble onto the magnet. Position it in the center so you can't see it, and let it dry for at least an hour.
Tip: try to steer clear of images with a lot of red or pink because the ink bleeds when you put the glue on it.