Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Recipes..

I want to learn how to cook more things that aren't just frozen meals. I know how to cook bbq chicken, salmon patties, spaghetti (with sauce from a can), but I really just feel like I don't know how to cook that much. I can follow a recipe just fine.. I just don't have many recipes.. so that is where you guys come in. I want you guys to give me any recipes you cook. I know I don't eat that much meat, but Grace and Chris do, so I don't mind if the recipes call for meat. And I love veggies, so if the recipes call for veggies that is fine too. And Brittany, I know you cook a lot of crockpot meals.. we have a crockpot, but I never use it because I don't know what to cook in it, so I would love recipes for that too. It doesn't have to be full meals either.. it could be side dishes, main courses, desserts, snacks, etc. I just want to cook better for my family.

I have been looking at that allrecipes.com, but I have no idea where to start on there because there is soooo much! I did find recipes for chicken chili, chicken salad, and potatoe salad, but I want more because Chris won't eat chicken salad or potatoe salad. He's not a salad person. So if you guys could help me out it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

8 comments:

  1. Allrecipes.com is your answer.! It's great and you can find anything. Also I have a chicken and rice casserole recipe I can give you if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great :) You can text it to me or message it to me on facebook if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cook ALL the time. I could defiantly give you guys some ideas at least. Country fried steak, ALOT with chicken HAHA!!, i dont know what kind of veggies you like but squash casserole(which is more like a side dish), ribs, corn fritters,... idk theres a lot of stuff... just tell me what you like and dont like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica: I told you that website was AWESOME!

    Christina: I Love all recipes. I just search whatever I am in the mood for, but I get what you are saying. It is hard for me to find something without having to search something specific.

    I will list you what we have, and if it sounds good, I will send you the recipe. As far as the stove goes, we have taco salad, italian chicken and rice, stir fry, cajun fried porkchops, pancake fried porchops, smoked sausage-fried. (We like fried.) Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner with homemade waffles, homemade biscuits, and bacon. Oven: Baked porkchops, lasagna, smoked sausage casserole, meatloaf, home made pizza, baked penne, taco bake, chicken and ranch casserole. And course hotdogs, homemade hamburgers, regular spaghetti, and hamburger helper.

    As for the crockpot, we usually do spaghetti and meatsauce, so much better than canned sauce. We do chili, beef stew, taco soup...There is a certain type of lasagna you can cook in the crock pot too.

    I am sorry they are not in any order....I am more apologizing to myself. It bothers me. It probably doesn't bother you...

    I also have a blog where I post the recipes to all the new stuff we cook and bake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina,
    Try eatingwell.com and myrecipes.com. I use these a lot. Also there are sites out there for crock pot cooking. My trouble with the crock pot is not thinking far enough in advance. If you use the crock pot you could put a meal in before you left for school and then dinner would be ready when you got home. One less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you guys get a chance (don't go out of your way or anything) can you send me the recipes on facebook?

    Jessika, ohh goodness it all sounds so good! Lol. We are big chicken eaters, even me, so any chicken recipe would be great :) Also I love corn fritters! I would love to know how to make those :)

    Brittany, another problem I have with the recipe websites is those people can't tell me how it tastes. I'm very hesitant to make something if I don't know how it tastes lol. But we love anything mexican or asian, so the taco salad, stir fry, for sure. I've never made porkchops, so I don't know how good I would be at that. The Italian chicken and rice sounds good, and the chicken and ranch cassarole (I love ranch! lol). I do the breakfast for dinner sometimes too :) I didn't know about your other blog, what is the link?

    Susan, I'm not very good at thinking in advance either lol. We make our bbq chicken in the crockpot, and I buy chicken, but have to freeze it because of how long it takes me to remember to put it in one morning lol. I'll definitely try some of those websites though, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. I have 3 blogs. This one. The one about the recipes, cleaning, and such, and then one about teaching Samantha and what I learn about homeschooling, etc. Here is the link to the cooking one.

    http://brittanyhomemaker.blogspot.com/

    Also, allrecipes usually has reviews from hundreds of people and an overal score. And then some people will tell you ways they have tweaked it to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the recipe for the italian chicken and rice is on there.

    Here is the link.

    http://brittanyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2011/01/dh-made-dinner-last-night.html

    All you have to do is get the chicken in a bag from WalMart, defrost it, cut in up in pieces and throw it into a pot to cook, but as you do that, slowly stir in some zesty italian dressing, and it will sort of fry it in a way. And it absorbs the italian flavor, so good. Then we cook about a cup of rice with it.

    I also have the porkchops on there if you decide to try them.
    And I am pretty sure you knowhow to make taco salad and all. The stir fry varies by the person what you put in there. The stir fry meat is pretty expensive though, so we only have it a few times a month, sometimes only once.

    And I will send you the chicken casserole recipe later too, just remind me if I forget.

    ReplyDelete