Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

26 weeks :)

Well I'm actually 26 and a half weeks now. I am still frequently plagued with heartburn, but I'm getting used to it now. However, I have a new symptom that I am not used to and do NOT like.. it's really weird and hard to explain, but when I am sitting or laying down I get this weird sensation. It's in my chest, arms, and hands.. it feels almost numb, but different. Kind of tingling, kind of numb, kind of aching. And at the same time I always feel nauseous and a little dizzy. It is just awful and has been happening frequently for three days now :( I have no idea what's causing it. When I was pregnant with Grace, if I laid flat on my back my arms and hands would go numb, but it was an obvious numb, and all I had to do was roll to the side or sit up and I was fine.. with this it doesn't go away until it wants to. It can last for up to 15 minutes at times.
Other than that, I'm getting bigger, so it's getting harder for me to pick up/carry Grace, and harder for me to move in general. I am at the point now where it's hard to find a comfortable way to sleep.

Speaking of sleep, Grace is doing pretty good. We are sticking to it. She usually wakes up 2-3 times a night, and will go right back to sleep when I pat her for a minute. She even slept through the night one night! So it's working pretty well for us. This morning she thought it was time to get up at 7:30 though lol.. we ended up falling back to sleep on the couch around 8.


Me at 26 weeks and 1 day.




Also, I don't think I have ever posted this picture on here before, so I wanted to because it is probably my favorite picture of Chris and Grace. He is such a good and loving daddy to her, and I think this picture shows it really well :)

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Chris and Grace. So sweet.
    I had the same thing with Ellanoa. I hated it. I know the feeling you are talking about exactly. I had not only laying down but just all of a sudden while walking or just sitting. I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten it while standing yet, thank goodness because I would probably fall over. I get it a lot when I'm just sitting there, and I'll try to lay down to see if it will go away, but it won't. I hate it. It does go away after the baby is born right? I would hate to have to live with something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could tell you yes but mine actually hasn't gone away completely but I haven't gone to the doctors because it is just so expensive. I hope your goes away. It is a horrible feeling. Especially when you are holding a newborn or driving with the babies in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh. Doesn't sound fun. It is probably the nerve you are laying on. That sucks it is getting hard for you to move around though, especially since Grace is so active.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessika, I mean I guess I would learn to live with it, but I really don't want to lol. That sucks that it hasn't gone away yet for you. I hope it does soon!

    Brittany, I don't know.. I would think it would stop if I moved (liked it did with Grace who was apparently literally pinching my spine whenever I laid back), but it doesn't matter how many ways I move.. I'm wondering if maybe Brentley is pressing on something, and it doesn't stop until he changes positions..
    And yea.. it's mostly getting up that is hard right now. I am still fine with walking around and stuff like that. Just the getting up, especially from the floor. Or having to move fast, like if she falls or something.. she kinda just has to wait on me, which makes me feel so bad :(

    ReplyDelete