Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One of the saddest things I have witnessed..

So today we were sitting in the living room, and Crystal and Andy were up from downstairs.. I noticed this bright light on the trees outside the window. At first I just thought it was a car coming in, but the light didn't move so I looked out the window and to my surprise there was a cop car blocking our drive way and two fire trucks parked outside the house next door. Being the nosy neighbors we are Crystal and I walked outside with the babies, and we were watching from in front of our apartment. At first we thought their house had caught on fire, but then something completely unexpected happened.. the police started arresting the 14 year old boy who lives in the house and his friend. They put them both in a separate cop car and started testing something and picking things up out of the yard.. we were sort of confused as to what was going on. By this time the whole neighborhood was gathering around, and Crystal's mom came outside. She said she would go talk to the boys dad (they are friends) when everything died down. Finally the cops took the boys away, and the dad that lives in the house walked over to Crystal's mom and started explaining what happened.. this is where the sad part comes in.. he looked absolutely broken. I have never seen someone look as sad as this man did. He said that his son had been in trouble before, and was already on probation, and even had a court date tomorrow morning.. and tonight while his dad was at work, the boy and his two friends (one hasn't been caught yet) poured gas on the street and set it on fire, then took a rolling tv stand, poured gas on it, and rolled it down the street, and I suppose that wasn't enough so they started making malatof (sp?) cocktails and throwing them into the street. I guess someone called the police on them, and it turns out the boys had videod it all! The cops called the poor man and told him his son was in a lot of trouble and that he needed to come let them search the house. The guy is a single dad who works at waffle house, and now he has to have this happen to him.. I really can't explain it, but the look on his face was enough to make me want to cry for him. He just kept saying "He really is a good kid when he wants to be. I don't know what comes over him sometimes." And the tone in his voice was so distant, and his eyes seemed glazed over. Now the poor guy is sitting all alone in the house. It leaves me feeling depressed.
The even sadder part.. they are charging the boys as adults.. some sort of bomb concocting, and it is a felony. Supposedly the LEAST he can get is 3 years, and as many as 22 years. It is just such a sad story. I see now how sheltered I really have been before this. I knew things like this happened, but I never realized how much it affected the ciminals families.

I really hope that I am capable of instilling the values into Grace that will keep her away from that life style. I cannot imagine watching my child being carried away in hand cuffs, and knowing that she was going to be gone for at least three years.. it would feel so empty, and I would feel so empty. I really feel fo this man. I don't kow his name, but I think that he and his son need our prayers. I know that I will be praying for them.

2 comments:

  1. At first I was like, "Why is that sad? Those boys deserved it." But then when you were talking about that man, I started crying. That is terrible. I just don't know what to say. That poor man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! They are in my prayers. How sad for that dad. I hope he doesnt think it is his fault. Since we are parents now I think we see everything in a whole new light...our understanding of things change. I pray that my children choose the right paths. It actually scares me sometimes when I think about it...I hope that I am a good parent and show them the right paths from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete