Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, November 9, 2012

Update and some pictures :)

Well, my wisdom teeth are gone. I'm not feeling great, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course, I haven't hit the third day yet. I've heard the third day is the worst.

Before I went, I ate a granola bar and some crackers at school. Then I got a phone call from the dentist saying that they did not have the nitrous oxide gas and asked me if I wanted to reschedule. Well, that just wasn't an option. My dad had already taken that day off so he could take me, and Chris had taken off so he could watch the kids. They said the gas was only to curb anxieties anyway, so I told them we'd go ahead and do it.

I took the Ativan at 12 (also to help curb anxieties), and my dad picked me up at 12:30. I felt fine the whole car ride, but once I got out to walk, it was like an out of body experience. I knew I was moving forward, but it didn't feel like I was the one walking... really strange.
They started the procedure at 1:30. He gave me shots all over my mouth so that I wouldn't be able to feel anything, and then he went to town. I swear, at one point, I thought he was going to break my jaw. The two bottom ones were not cooperating, but he finally got them out.
I don't remember much after that. I remember my dad asking me if I wanted to keep the teeth, apparently I said yes because I have them lol.
Then I remember my dad holding me while we were walking to the car and my dad saying, "These people (some people were pulling in) are probably thinking 'omg what have they done to her?" Lol.
The next thing I remember is being very slightly awake and hearing the pharmacist tell my dad that my prescription was ready yet, and he said he would come in.
The next thing I remember after that is my dad leaning in the back door showing me a Dora book he had Grace.
Then, the next thing I know, were at my dad's house and I'm spitting blood into the sink.

I remember everything else from that point on. After we cleaned my mouth up some, my dad put my in his recliner and he got me some applesause, mashed up bananas, and some juice. I took my pain pill with that, and when I was done, he got me some ice packs, and I fell asleep with those on my cheeks for three hours. I woke up and he made me some chicken noodle soup and some more juice. I took another pain pill, and it was time to go home. I had been away from my babies all day :(

Funny thing is what I forgot while we were on our way to my dad's house. Apparently when he got  out at Walgreens, he asked me if I would be able to let him back in the car and I told him yes. He says he was in there for about 30 minutes and he came back out and knocked three times before he  got me to wake up, and he said I looked at him like I had no idea who he was, and then I finally started fumbling with the lock until I got it open for him lol.

Last night, well, that didn't go as well. I woke up shaking violently and in a lot of pain, and that was with me sleeping with ice packs on my cheeks. I got up and got some apple sauce and took another pain pill. I had gotten some water and a fresh ice pack, and I was planning on putting it on my cheeks, but I fell asleep before I got the chance.
I'm feeling pretty good right now. Eating some chicken soup and took another pain pill.
*Yes, I am taking them when the bottle says to, and I made sure that they were safe to take while breastfeeding.

I'm not allowed to lift anything, so that has been difficult because both the kids ran to me when I came home. I felt so bad not scooping them up. I sat in the recliner and made Chris put them in my lap lol.

Here's me just before I went home last night. I was out of it, but I'm not very swollen. Happy about that!

And here are Grace's gymnastics pictures! We didn't know they were in, and the guy was going to leave today, so my mom got them for us last night, so we wouldn't miss out. I love the first three! She looks like she feels awkward in the last one, but she's still my beautiful little girl no matter what!







6 comments:

  1. I am sorry, girl. That sounds a lot worse than I thought it would be. :( I bet you are glad it is over though.

    I Love the gymnastics pictures. My favorite is the one where there is a picture in the background. Are ya'll getting them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad it's over. I've felt pretty good all day. I took a nice long nap with Brentley earlier, which was nice lol.

      Yep. My mom got them all. We got lots of sheets, a magnet, and a pin. I offered to pay her back for them, but she said she got Grace's half off because she bought them with Cheyenne's.

      Delete
  2. Oh man! You sound like me after a csection. Lol!! Yea there's parts of their births and shortly free that I don't recall.

    Glad that you are feeling better. Drew had his taken out in boot camp and he said it hurt like heck!

    Grace is so sweet!!! She is such a big girl now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, yesterday was a blur.

      They gave me some good pain meds, so as long as I take them on time (not sleep through when I'm supposed to take them), then I feel pretty good luckily.

      She is getting big on me! I wish you could hear her talk. She'll talk your ear off lol.

      Delete
  3. Man I just realized how many typos there are in this. Sorry about that everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. Naps are very nice!

    That was sweet of your Mom. Glad you guys got the pictures. You don't want to miss out on that. I am afraid of how much Sam's dance pictures will cost this Spring!

    ReplyDelete