This meal is cooked in a crock pot. I realize not everyone has a crock pot, so this recipe may not work for everyone. However, if you don't have a crock pot, I strongly reccommend investing in one because you can make just about anything with it! Plus you don't have to stand over the stove. You can just throw the ingredients in and a few hours later you have a meal.
I have two crock pots. One big one and one little one. For this recipe I used the little one and it still made enough for four people. Also, this recipe does require a bit of prep work, but it is well worth it!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of chili beans
- 1 can of great northern beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring it to boil. Add the chicken and boil for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from water, let it cool, then cut it in small pieces. Place into slow cooker.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chopped onion and minced garlic in the hot oil, 5-7 minutes, then add it to slow cooker.
- Add chili beans, great northern beans, tomatoes with green chiles, tomato sauce, chicken stock, brown sugar, corn, vinegar, chili powder, salt, and pepper to slow cooker and mix everything together. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Top with whatever you normally top your chili with and enjoy :)