Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grace's Easter stuff..


Two packs of hair clips, two head bands, 4 ducks, 14 bracelets, 8 necklaces, a watch, and 4 bubble rings. Plus we got M&M's, Skittles, and Reece's for her eggs today, and I still haven't gotten to check out Dollar Tree yet.

Speaking of Grace, she is getting a lot more vocal. She thinks she can talk in conversations now. She will walk up and start babbling and pointing her finger lol. She did the cutest thing today.. she was watching Barney on the big tv, and Chris switched it to the smaller tv, and she put her hands in front of her mouth and goes, "Oh no, oh no!" She was heartbroken that he had switched it to the smaller tv lol. Needless to say, he switched it back.
She is also trying to use her fingers to count now. She will hold up all 10 fingers and make her counting noises.. Aaaay, eeee, EEEEE = 1, 2, 3 LOL. She also loves to sing along with the A, B, C's. But it's more like A, B, C, E, E, E, E.... lol We apparently skipped D all together, and can't get past E :p I think she's doing really well for her age though. She knows where her tummy, mouth, and hair are, but she thinks EVERYONE has a baby in their tummy! LOL.
Her newest words are "hooray," "clap," and "hop." And the word "up" now has two meanings.. she will jump and say "up!" but she will also bring me things to open and say "up" Lol
She also knows the moves to EVERY SINGLE Barney song. Like she knows them better than I do! My favorite one she does is "If You're Happy and You Know It." She will clap, stomp her feet, and jump up and shout hooray, but my favorite thing about it is when they say "and your face will surely show it" and point to their faces she puts her fingers in her mouth! Lol. She is such a funny little girl. Unfortunately she refuses to dance if a camera is out :( I'm determined to catch her one day though.
Oh and she will fake sneeze now. She is so goofy!

I also have a question.. she has one of her back teeth coming through.. it has just slightly broken through.. You can't see it yet, but you can feel it. Yesterday her gum was bleeding a little, and today her gum is pretty swollen around that area. Is this normal or should I be concerned. I'm already concerned because none of the others have done this.. but she doesn't act like it's bothering her, and she's eating fine, so I'm guessing it's normal?

I also think we are very close to potty training because she has no problem sitting on her potty. If I tell her to sit on the potty or to "go peepee" she  knows exactly what I'm talking about. She will rip off her pee diapers, and she will tell me if she has pooped. She also ALWAYS has to be the one to throw away her diapers.
She is growing up on me :(


Side note: we get our washer and dryer in two days!! I can't wait :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! She is growing. She is such a smart girl!!! O I hope I get to meet her this weekend. Charleighs molars did that so I am thinking it is normal. She is completely fine now. Just make sure to keep an eye on it but if it isn't bothering her than I wouldn't think much of it.
    Also if she chews on fingers or her cup or whatever..even food on that side...then it could just be irrating that swollen gum.
    That is awesome. Sometimes I really believe Charleigh is ready...some days she is good...others not so much. But I have learned not to push it...let it come on it's own. Potty training is a one day at a time kinda thing in my experience. Hopefully Grace will be super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's growing too fast :( Lol. I'm glad she's learning though, so I can't complain.
    I don't think she is quite ready yet because she can't tell me if she has to go yet, but I think that'll be the next thing coming, so we are getting pretty close :) Hopefully I won't have two in diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stuff for her basket.
    She IS growing up, so smart! Samantha knows the songs very well too! She sings them all the time!
    Unfortunately, you probably will have 2 in diapers. My parents had my brother completely potty trained right before I came along, and once I was born, he went back to not being potty trained. He was jealous of the new baby. Samantha will do that sometimes. When we saw Cree the other day, she got so jealous, she started having "accidents" all of a sudden. And she would say she was a baby and needed a paci. She did that for about a week or two. It was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's better if we don't start officially training her until after the new baby.. That way she will get that attention, and then maybe she will like potty training lol.

    ReplyDelete