Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The WRONG message...

I have been seeing this one thing over and over... "This happened because God is not allowed in schools." This really irks me.  I try not to discuss religion and politics and such on here for two reasons... One is that is not what this blog is about, and the other is that I'm not entirely sure where I stand. I consider myself to be a Christian, but many Christians would probably tell me I'm not. Maybe that is why I don't understand how Christians are spreading this like wildfire.

My first thought is how dare someone say that at a time like this. People are not considering what this is saying to the families of the victims... When I read this, I read that God turned his back on innocent people because of something they have nothing to do with. Yes, there's a chance that some of the adults could be in line with separation of church and state, but I can guarantee that none of those precious babies were "keeping God out of schools." When this is spread, it is telling families that God turned His back on their loved ones. Whether this is true or not, that is NOT the message the need to be hearing right now.

Also, from what I know about separation of church and state, in the majority of schools, God is not banned. Children can pray to themselves, bring Bibles, even have clubs like FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). Separation of church and state is there to guard all religions. I know that I would not want another religion's prayer being read over the loud speaker to my children, so I don't expect parents with other religions to be fine with a Christian prayer being read. I may not agree with other religions, but that does not mean that I feel the need to force my religion on others. The way I see it, God has not been forced out of schools. He just has to be invited in by the individual, and seeing as each person has their own relationship with God, I don't see this as being a bad thing.

I know the next question to be raised is, why did God turn his back then? Simply put, I don't believe He did. This man had another gun in his car... A much more sinister gun. This man also took his own life before police arrived. He could have continued his rampage. This could have been much worse. I know that is hard to believe considering the magnitude of this tragedy, but it could have been. And, if you look hard enough, you will see the small miracles... One little boy had bullets flying past his head and a teacher pulled him and another student into her classroom. Those two babies were spared.
I've also seen a story (not sure of it's validity) that one of the teachers hid her students in cabinets and closets and told the gunman they were in the gym. She lost her life for this, but her students were spared. There are some amazing things amid the sadness.

As to why this was allowed to happen... I have no idea. I believe that it could boil down to free will. God gives us free will, and unfortunately, this man used his will to commit an unspeakable evil.

Honestly, I don't know the answer. What I do know is that the families of these victims do not need to be hearing that God turned his back on their innocent loved ones. These are terribly trying times for these families, and in trying times, faith often falters. Hearing something like that could stand to drive a wedge between these families and God (for those who are Christian).

I know that some may not agree with this. I may even lose followers because if it, but I am alright with that because I stand by every word I have just written.

I will continue to pray for everyone involved... Not just the families of victims, but everyone involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment