Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Brentley's birthday.

My little boy will be 9 months old in less than two weeks!!! 3/4 of a year!
And I have come to the realization that I am addicted to event planning. Not only do I have Brentley's entire party planned, but I also have most of Grace's planned lol. We'll stick with Brentley's for now though. I find that planning early gives me lots of room to make changes, get new ideas, and find great sales!

All together, including location, decorations, food, cake, presents, pictures, etc. I have estimated that it's going to cost us around $200.

His party is going to be on August 25th, and we are going to have it at the same place that we had his shower at.

The theme is going to be a 1st birthday theme simply because we can never have another 1st birthday. This is the one we picked...

As far as decorations, we are going to get one balloon to match, and then several multicolored balloons. Also a couple of matching table cloths. And maybe some wall decorations, but we're not sure on that yet.

Then, there's the cake. I'm still planning on making it, and I want it to look something like this...

Of course, this is the girl version, so it will be the boy colors, and I want to put his name on the bottom tier and a big red one on the top tier, then a blue bow on top, and there will be shapes like that all around the cake. I can do this! lol.


For food, we are going to do a veggie plate, chips and dip, mini sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, cheese cubes, and a fruit plate. Easy, but yummy lol.

As for presents, we are going to get him one of those bears that everyone can sign (like we had at Grace's party), and Tonka trucks (big and small).I would like to get him a Disney movie as well. We are trying to collect them all. I already bought him four bath toys that we are going to give him as well.

We will take him out to dinner and somewhere fun on his actual birthday as well.

Tiny update, we are signing Grace up for gymnastics tomorrow! And Brentley took two steps the other day!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Event planning is a lot of fun!!!

    Cute ideas! And $200.00 total isn't too bad for everything.

    I can't believe he is getting so close to being a year old!!!

    I am sure Grace will Love gymnastics!!! When will she start?

    Has he taken anymore steps since? You text me back when I asked you before, but I think I deleted it by accident. Sorry. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't think $200 was too bad, but I'm sure we'll run into some extra expenses along the way. Or sales, sales would be great! lol.

    She will start the 29th of this month. I can't wait!!!

    Not yet, but he's been pretty sick. He had a fever from Wednesday until Friday night... up to 102 at times. Took him to the doc Friday, but they couldn't find anything because he had no other symptoms except extreme fussiness. The yesterday, this rash appeared on his face and neck, and ever since then, it has been slowly progressing. It's covering his entire body now. We tried to figure out what it was, and it looks like this thing they call "3-day fever." I'm taking him back to the doc tomorrow. Poor little guy is miserable :(

    ReplyDelete