Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, May 28, 2012

Brentley is 9 months old!!




Two days ago, my little man turned nine months old. It's so bittersweet. I've been working on his baby book, and looking at his baby pictures makes me want to cry. I'm also ver glad that I have a happy, healthy, growing boy at the same time though.

He weighs 25 lbs now, and he has been holding steady at that weight for over a month now. He's in 12 mon. and 18 mon. clothes, size 5 shoes, and size 4 diapers. Not much change since he has started crawling except in height and shoe size. I'm not sure how tall he is now, but I can tell he is getting taller.

He is learning quickly. He can say mama, dada, and yay. He crawls fast and with ease. He stands on his own, and has great balance when standing. He can take steps. He's taken plenty of steps now, but he only takes one or two before he falls, so he's not really walking yet.
He can clap and wave, as well. Oh, and he is starting to give those big, slobbery, open-mouthed kisses! I love those! Lol.

His eyes are hazel, his hair is strawberry blond, he has four teeth (the two bottom middle and two top middle), and he still has his dimples :)

He loves to play with his sissy. They are best buddies, and I hope they always remain close!

He's still pretty quiet and reserved. He's content sitting with me, and if he does get down, I have to remain in view lol. He's always happy as well. He smiles all the time.

I'm not ready for him to turn one, but I still have everything planned for it. I am going to start buying his cake stuff tomorrow. I'm buying the cake pans so that I can practice getting the cake out perfectly. I'm also buying cookie cutters that have letters and shapes in them, and some playdough, so that I can get a feel for how the shapes and letters are going to work, as well as practice making the bow that is going to go on top. I want his cake to be absolutely perfect, so I'm going to need all the practice I can get.
Also, planning ahead really does pay off. We are wanting to get Grace a child sized guitar for her birthday because she has been pretending everything is a guitar. Well, I went online just to see how much they are... found a Cinderella one that is normally $37 that is on sale for $15! I will be buying that tomorrow as well! I know her birthday is five month away, but I'm not passing up a sale for over 50% off!

2 comments:

  1. Awe. I can't believe he is already nine months. He is developing so well! It was pretty cool to see him crawl so easily the other day.

    That is good they are close. That is how my brother and I were growing up. We argued, but it was always nice to have someone my age to play with!

    Good idea for practicing that stuff for his birthday. And great deal on the guitar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it either! And he's really getting around now. Just today I saw him actually trying to walk. Grace was playing with him, and it was obvious that he was trying to follow her. He took three steps, but then he fell.

    I remember some kids in high school who hated their siblings, and I always thought that was so dumb. I would give just about anything to have had the ability to be close to my brother. I don't want Grace and Brentley to take that ability for granted.

    I was super excited about the guitar! I got it today, along with 101 cookie cutters, so I can start practicing for Brentley's cake!

    ReplyDelete