Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

I need some advice..

I'm not going to name names, so we'll call her M, but in my last post I talked about how I was supposed to go to lunch with Morgan, the babies, and a mutual friend of ours (M).. Well I got a text at midnight saying that she had to cancel because her grandmother just got put in the hospital.. That sounds reasonable enough, but this is not the first time she has cancelled on me by far. When I was pregnant she was always there in the beginning, then it came time for my baby shower. She was one of my best friends at the time, and she swore that she would be at my shower, then the day of she texted and told me that she had "just found out" she had a family reunion to go to. I thought it was a little strange that she had no knowledge of it before, but I didn't really think much of it. Then a couple months later (about two weeks before Grace was born) we had a mutual friend, named Ericka, who's mom had been battling cancer for several years, and she passed away on Oct. 22nd. They had the viewing a few days later and M swore she was going to the viewing.. I had to work and I couldn't get out of it. I felt really bad just texting or calling her, so I asked M if she would tell Ericka for me. She said she would, and then later that night I got a text from Ericka basically screaming at me, asking me where I was. I told her that M was supposed to tell her, and she told me M didn't even go! She could have at least told me she wouldn't be ale to tell her. Then I texted M to ask her why she didn't go, and she said she was too tired. Ten when we went to the funeral the next day she told Ericka that her dad was sick, so she couldn't come. She flat out lied to her!
Then a couple of weeks later I had Grace. Through my entire pregnancy she said would be one of the first visitors we had. Well we were in the hospital for 3 days and 2 nights, and not once did we see her. She knew I had Grace, but she said she would have to come visit me when we got home. I waited and waited. She didn't come to see Grace until she was 2 weeks old! This is one of my supposed best friends! And as best I can remember that is the only time she has made an effort to come see Grace. We were never great friends after that because I felt betrayed.
Fast forward to August of this years. It was the day of Morgan's son's first birthday party, and M promises she's going to be there. Then at the party I get a text from M telling me to tell Morgan that her dad is sick so she won't be able to make it... haven't we heard that excuse before??
Fast forward to Nov. for Grace's party. Again, she had promised she would be there, but this time there wasn't even an excuse. Just a no show. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect her to actually come at this point, but it's still sad.
And now we are here. She messaged me and Morgan and asked us to go to lunch, and then backs out at the last minute with another phony family excuse..
My question is, what do I do? I am tired of putting up with her crap, but what do I do about it? Please help.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say forget about it. I know who you are talking about and I know ya'll were good friends, but that's sort of rude and it seems like it has something to do with you two having babies because it didn't start happening until you and Morgan got pregnant. A lot of my friends did that. They were my friends while I was pregnant, but after I had Sami and became a "Mommy," we never talked much and they always had an excuse not to go out with me. I only have one friend without a baby now and she LOVES Samantha to death, but I actually had one girl tell me she didn't like Samantha! Not because of Samantha. She just doesn't like kids. We haven't really talked since because Samantha is part of me and I am not going to push Samantha out of the way. Anyway, that was my rant and my best guess as to why she is flaking. Although, it doesn't make since why she didn't go to Ericka's Mom's funeral...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like she has a commitment problem. That and she is a pathological liar. If it was me I would call her out on it. People like that need to see that they are actually doing some hurt. I would straight point it out in front of everybody. Then I would walk away and say forget you. I dont have time for someone that wants to waste time. Time is precious and I have a lot of better things I could be doing and better people to spend it with(Grace,Chris,Morgan.

    ReplyDelete