Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, July 30, 2012

Well, I never want that again. (Possibly tmi).

So, I'm pretty sure I had mastitis, which is an infection you can get when breastfeeding.
Two days ago I started feeling really sore in one of my breasts. Yesterday, it was even worse, and it was hot to the touch and red.
Then, a couple hours later, I started having aches (like you get with the flu) all down my arms, hands, and fingers. The aches spread over the next couple of hours. Then I got a headache that seemed to be concentrated in my ears. I didn't want to eat anything either, so I started feeling really weak.
I haven't felt that bad since I literally had the flu a couple of weeks after I got pregnant with Brentley. The flu + pregnancy nausea and food aversion = nightmare! And this is what I felt like yesterday. I spent most of the day in the recliner. I managed to get up and cook dinner, but I was literally shaking the whole time.
I looked it up online, and if the symptoms persisted for more than 24 hours I was supposed to go to the hospital.
Luckily, this morning I woke up feeling like myself again.
It's crazy that I got that from breastfeeding. A clogged duct (when you milk doesn't fully drain) is what causes it. Which, that makes sense because I hadn't worked in two weeks, so I hadn't been away from Brentley, then I had to work Friday, so I overproduced while I was away from him, and he didn't drain it all, which led to the soreness Saturday, and full blown mastitis yesterday.
I'm just glad it's over with. The bad thing is, I read that once you've had it once, you are much more likely to get it again. I really hope I don't!


Side note: My mom gave my a pair of shorts a couple of months ago. At that time, I couldn't breathe if I buttoned them because they were too tight. I tried them on today, and they fit perfectly!! This tells me that you really can't judge your body by the number on the scale because according to the scale, I haven't lost any weight since then, but I have obviously toned up, or I wouldn't fit in those. Fitting in clothes you never thought you'd fit in is one of the best feelings in the world! Especially when fitting in those means that I am officially smaller than I was BEFORE I got pregnant with Grace. Now, if I could just lose the baby pudge and stretchmarks lol. 

3 comments:

  1. Goodness! I bet that was scary!!!

    Good for you on fitting into the shorts!! Are you just breastfeeding and exercising? Or are you dieting too? I don't mean to be nosy but I realllllyy want to start losing weight.. I just need a kick in the butt to get myself started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. I am sorry, girl. I know that had to be miserable! Good thing it didn't last long.

    That is awesome about the shorts! I know how you feel about the stretch marks though. Sam walked up to me yesterday, raised my shirt, rubbed my belly, and said, "I Love the stripes on your tummy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, mostly just breastfeeding and exercises, but sort of dieting I guess. More like cutting back. I don't eat a lot of sweets, junk food, or fast food. I also drink tons of water. I try not to drink any soft drinks. We don't keep them in the house, but I cave every once in awhile if we do eat out lol.

    Brittany, aww that's cute lol. Still, I wouldn't want to hear that even if it is cute. I'm dreading the things that are going to come out of Grace's mouth when she can talk that good lol.

    ReplyDelete