Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Breastfeeding: Positions

There are four common breastfeeding positions.


When my son, Brentley, was a newborn, we did the football hold during the day and the lying down at night. The taller he got, the harder it was to do the football hold. Now, we typically do the cradle hold, but it's more of a whatever pretzel shaped he twists himself into position, lol.

I love the lying down position because it allows us both to be able to relax at night, even during night feedings. However, I tried the lying down position when I was breastfeeding my daughter, Grace, and for some reason, every time we tried that, she would throw up the entire contents of her stomach. Just one of the many reasons breastfeeding was a difficult journey with her, and why I was so determined to be successful in breastfeeding Brentley. 

Any of these positions are great, especially for newborns. Now that my son is older, he typically finds his own (albeit crazy) position. As long as you find a position that works for you and baby, you're set. 

If you're interested in some my other posts about breastfeeding, click the link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment