Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

More on Brentley's birthday.

A couple days before his birthday, we are going to take him and Grace to the Creative Discovery Museum. He has been once before, but he was only three months old, so he didn't really get to do much. I think he would really enjoy it now that he can explore, which he loves to do.

His party is going to be the day before his actual birthday. I'm trying to figure out some sort of idea for the kids that are going to be there. We had a little jungle gym at Grace's 1st birthday party, and there were only like five kids there including Grace. I am expecting up to twelve little ones at Brentley's party, so there's going to have to be something for them to do. I was thinking about buying one of those little plastic pools and filling it with these foam balls we have, but I'm afraid that will cause fights because the pool is probably only big enough for two kids. So then I was thinking of having a bubble station with a bubble blower and individual bubbles, but then I'm afraid that it will get all wet and someone will end up falling and getting hurt. So then I was thinking of having coloring pages and crayons, but then I'm afraid that the little kids will try to eat the crayons... I don't know. Which sounds best? Or if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know!

I already reserved the place for his party, and we have a good bit of the decorations and stuff like that. We just need a few more things.

I am working on his baby scrapbooks. I'm doing one for him like I did for Grace. The pregnancy one is basically finished. I have to finish two more pages in it. Then his birth - 1 year one needs a good bit of work. I have everything typed up for it, but I need to get more sheet protectors before I can even begin to finish it. I ordered all the pictures I needed for it... almost 175 pictures! I'm waiting for those to come in, then I will be able to finish it completely. I still have a month to finish it, but I want to get it done before I go back to school, so that's my goal.

I'm not sure what we are going to do on his actual birthday. If it's not 5 million degrees or raining, we'll probably take him to the park, and then have our own little celebration.

The day after his birthday, we are going to go get his pictures made, then two days after his birthday, he has his one year check-up, so we are going to have a very busy week!

I'm excited that he is turning one, but it is also incredibly bittersweet. I wasn't sad when Grace turned one because I knew I would have another baby someday, but with Brentley, this is the last first birthday I get to experience. It makes me so sad. Still, I'm incredibly thankful to have a happy healthy little man, so like I said, it's bittersweet. 

3 comments:

  1. http://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/6-cheap-fun-party-activities/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, maybe my ideas aren't so crazy considering most of them are on that list! Lol. We have one of those tunnels. I didn't even think of bringing that! Thanks for the link! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like good ideas.

    I think you guys will have another one day. :) But it is sad to see him turn 1, I know. Every year I am happy but sad when Sam's birthday comes around. Four years old is a big number. :(

    ReplyDelete