Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Going forward...

I made my class schedule today. I sat down with my couselor. She was very helpful (first time I have EVER had a helpful counselor there), but we couldn't figure out a way to make all the classes fit, so I will be a semester behind. Instead of taking one class this summer and four this fall, I will be taking none in the summer, two in the fall, and three next spring.
I'm surprisingly okay with that though. I like the idea of having the full summer to spend with my babies. I like the idea of only going two days a week. I also like the idea of only having two classes lol.

The ONLY way I could even get two classes to fit, was for me to sign up for a class with a professor that everyone calls "Dr. Death." He is apparently pretty hard. I looked at the people in there with me, and there is only one person I know in there so far. There are still seats left though.
I'm not really worried though. I think I will be fine since I am only taking one other class. That will leave me plenty of time to study. Oh, and this class is Principles of Biology. It has a lecture part and a lab part, so it's 4 hours instead of the normal 3.

The other class I am taking is a math class. I am taking it with the teacher I have now for pre-cal. I really like her! Now, pre-cal is kicking my butt. I'll be lucky if I make it out of that class with a B, and it will be a miracle if I get an A. However, it's not her teaching. Without her, I would be FAILING. I have no doubt about that! She explains everything really well, and is very helpful. I. just. can't. grasp. it. It sucks! I have never, ever not answered a question on a test, and I have never taken the whole class period on a test... well, on Wednesday, I did both of those things. I'm expecting a C on that test :( And she even helped me on three of the problems! It makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

I will have to take another education course and two MORE science courses next spring. And if, for some reason, I can't get those classes to fit, then I will have another summer that I can take courses in. Then, I will definitely be entering the Education Program by fall of 2013!

But anyway...
For fall, I will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Tuesdays I will be there from 8:00 am to 10:40 am. We have lab on Thursdays, so I will be there from 8:00 am to 12:40 pm. I feel that it's a pretty good schedule.

Also, this means that I can volunteer at the women's center! I didn't want to do it if I was only going to be able to do it for the summer. That just didn't seem fair to the girls to me, for me to be there, and then not be there. But now, for the next year, I will be able to. So, I am going to start looking into it, and hopefully, I will be able to start in the summer. I'll hopefully get to do it one day a week. Unfortunately, it won't be on Thursdays because I'll have class. :( Brittany, you know why that's a frowny face. Sorry, girl!

Unfortunately, I'll have to stop once I start the Ed. Program because it is Monday-Wednesday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. No if, ands, or buts. It is a set schedule for everyone in the program.

I only have exactly one month and one day left of this semester, and in that time, I have five papers due, two presentations, three tests, and four finals. And I'm probably leaving something out lol. LOTS OF WORK!

Guess I'm going to bed now. Thanks for reading my ramblings lol.

2 comments:

  1. It sucks to fall behind. I know the feeling all to well. But at least you get time with the babies:)
    That's awesome you get to spend time at the women's center!!
    Drew and I are in our last biology and struggling through it. I am awesome in biology. I have already done my anatomies so this class should be a breeze...unfortunately not. Even thoughmim going through the same stuff the teacher is ridiculous!!! Ugh!! He has 6 chapters in a test and no study guide which would be ok if he actually taught but he just reads off a power point that's word from word the book. I can't learn like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it sucks to think about being a semester behind, but at least you get a little break. Time with the babies. That's great. :( Maybe I could move the day that I go. I am glad you get to do it though. Definitely let me know what they say when you talk to them. :)

    ReplyDelete