Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stressed and frustrated...

We put in an application for an apartment... the one I talked about in a previous post. Well, that was Saturday. We left him alone the rest of Saturday and Sunday, then we called on Monday when we hadn't heard anything. He said it was President's Day, so he hadn't been able to check our references and stuff like that. So we called back Tuesday, and all he said was that he wasn't in his office. Now, we have called again today, and we got no answer or call back.
There is no reason why we shouldn't get this place. However, when we were looking at the apartment he was like, "Well, I don't usually rent upstairs apartments to people who have children, but I do have some upstairs ones that have children." Which that really confused me because he's basically saying I don't, but I do.
Grace was all excited to be in a new place so she was being loud, and I'm afraid that he's not going to rent it to us because of that. I'm pretty sure that is illegal, but there is not much we can do about it if he does deny us because of that.
I wish he would just let us know one way or the other!

School is not going as well as I would like either...
I don't have any grades in my American Lit class because of the whole professor being arrested thing. We are taking our first test on Monday, and I am stressing about that because I know it is going to be hard.
I am making a B in my Pre-Calculus class :( I am trying my hardest to bring it up, but I just don't have enough time to study as much as I need to. I know a B is not the end of the world, but I have never made a B, so it seems like the end of the world to me...
I'm making an A in my weight training class, but that's pretty much a given. It ends next Wednesday, so that will give me some more time to study at least. The downside is that today I hurt my arm in there. I was trying to lay one of the benches back, and it got stuck, and then slammed down on my wrist and hand. I caught it, but it still hurt pretty bad. If I hadn't caught it, it would have broke my wrist! My wrist and my hand are pretty bruised up. I could barely finish my workout today. Hopefully by next week it will be better.

I'm making a 90 in my Education Psychology class. Teetering on the edge of a B... trying to bring that one up too.
I'm making a 96 in my Critical Issues in Education class, which I brought up from an 88! That took some serious work.

I know it sounds like I'm stressing over nothing, but my two education classes and my pre-cal class are hard! It is all I can do to keep up with everything. Sometimes I can't finish all my reading, so I just have to bullcrap my way through my assignments. Every week I have to read at least one chapter for my Critical Issues class, and at least two stories and a poem for my American Lit class. That's just the stuff I have to read. I am supposed to read a chapter a week for Education Psychology as well. And I am supposed to do pre-cal homework for practice.
And I'm only half way through this semester... I can't wait for summer break! Expcept I will only have about 3 weeks of summer break because I have to take a summer class :(
Oh well, gotta do what I gotta do for my babies.

I just wish this guy with the apartment would let us know something. That would take off a lot of the stress.

6 comments:

  1. I hope to guys hear something soon.

    I know how tough school can be. I made a 91 on my last psychology test and wanted to cry. I made a 95 on a biology test(which I was super happy about) and today took a math test that only consisted of 8 problems. Well it just dawned on me that I missed a step in a formula(stupid mistake) so that is 3 out of 8 wrong. I was holding on to my "B" and I know I am about to loose it. I will die if I make a c. My gpa:( it is seriously competitive to get into the program and my 3.7 is about to plummet because of a stupid mistake. I could beat myself up right now. How stupid!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I and I don't have anytime to bring up my grade. Next Friday is the end of the quarter:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am sorry. :/ I know how you feel. I cried when I made my first B in Algebra. It was the end of the world for me. You have a lot of classes to keep up with. I don't see how you take that many classes AND stay on top of things with the babies. You have the rest of the semester to bring it up. I hope you can.

    Hopefully Brian is just busy. Like I suggested earlier, see if he is ignoring you by calling on a different number. But I don't think he is ignoring you. If you do get ahold of him again and he says he hasn't looked at your app, I would just tell him you need to be out of your place by the 1st, so you need to know something. Maybe he will hurry it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessika, only 8 questions on a test?? I hate tests like that!
    That sucks you guys go by quarters. I would hate that. I like semesters.

    Brittany, it's definitely been an adjustment. I am just now really getting into the hang of everything. Since January I have been trying to figure everything out and kind of just coasting by, but now I'm really starting to understand how to make it all work. However, I have no idea what kind of curveball moving is going to throw us. I have no idea how I am going to make time for it. Even if we don't get this place. We still want to move somewhere asap.
    We are going to try to call him from a different number tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah. I can imagine it would take awhile to adjust, especially with everything you have going on. Hopefully moving will be easy. Do you have any kind of break coming up that you can use to unpack and organize everything?

    That's a good idea. I hope ya'll can get ahold of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My spring break starts March 1st, but we still haven't heard anything. We have called both of his numbers twice today from my phone and left a message once, and both of his numbers from a different number. We haven't gotten an answer at all. I have no idea what's going on. Do you know if something is wrong, like he's sick or something?

    ReplyDelete