Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Very Angry!

I have never been ready to get out of high school, but I am now! Today we had graduation practice, and when I got there they put me on the front row because I am sixth in the class, and then after they have everyone sat down they come and tell me and another girl that we are going to have to sit in alphabetical order because they decided just to put the graduates with highest honors on the front rows, and not even recognize the top ten at all. I worked hard to be in the top ten of my class and now I am not even going to be recognized for it. I was so proud because everyone acted like they didn't think I would even graduate when they found out I was pregnant, and I was so proud to be able to say that I did better than just graduate. The graduates with highest honors get to wear a stole and a tassel to signify that they have honors and they also are going to have their names called out at graduation so they can stand up and be recognized, and they still get to sit on the front row. I understand that they have honors, but most of them have lower GPA's than I do. It's just not right that I do not even get recognized. I think they should at least call out the names of the top ten like they are calling out the names of the graduates with honors. It made me so upset that I was crying. I tried so hard not to but I just couldn't help it. I was so excited to be able to show how well I had done. I went to talk to my principal about it, and my counselor went with me, which by the way she was on my side, and when we walked up my principal goes "why is she crying? are you going to translate for me?" and when I explained it all she basically told me that it was my fault I didn't have honors classes and that I would just have to live with it, and that if I didn't sit where I was told she was going to put everyone in alphabetical order. Which honestly that is what is fair, but I don't want other people to be punished of me. The reason I didn't have honors is because I was home schooled before high school and because of that I had no official record of my grades, so they wouldn't let me take honors classes my freshman year because they didn't think I was even smart enough for high school itself. That messed up my ability to take other honors classes. I have taken some, but you had to have six to be a graduate with highest honors, and I didn't have enough. I don't know.. I am just ready to be done now. I am so glad graduation is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment