Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

It is ours!!!!!!!

Words can't even explain how excited I am! The guy called this morning and said everything checked out, and it was definitely going to be ours!! Now all he has to do is get the carpet in.. he didn't want to put it in unless we were for sure getting it. The guy was supposed to do it today, but we haven't heard anything.. they also have to put in the dishwasher, and put on the shower head, and put on the closet doors. So I will understand if it takes them a few days, but I realllllly hope it doesn't! Tomorrow is my only completely free day. I have to go take my compass test for school (bummer) on Wednesday, and I have to go renew our WIC on Thursday (which always takes hours..), then as long as it doesn't rain I will have to work Friday.. I really hope we can start taking stuff tomorrow. Chris is going to look at an entertainment center tomorrow morning. We thought we were going to be able to use the one at my house, but it doesn't fit the tv :( We looked on criagslist and found a nice one for a pretty good deal so Chris is going to check it out tomorrow.

In other news.. Chris went to traffic court today for his reckless driving ticket. That is one thing I was terrified about. We had $500 put away for the fine, but he could also face losing his license, going to driving school, or even going to jail. I went with him and I am glad I did.
The first guy to go up there was going like 20 something miles over the speed limit and had 6 prior tickets. He never said yes sir or yes ma'am, and he lied (you could tell he was lying), so pretty much as soon as he got up there the judge asked for his license. Of course the guy "didn't have it" because it had been "stolen." But I was terrified at that point! He was so harsh on that guy, and I just new that he was going to be harsh on Chris. He even played a video of a person not even going as fast as that guy who slammed into a school bus. Luckily none of the children were hurt, but the three people in the car were killed. The video was caught by one of the speed cams in Chattanooga (about 15 minutes from my house). Chris was called up after that guy. The judge read what happened and asked him to explain himself. Chris actually did very well. He just told the truth, and he said yes sir and yes ma'am (the person who swore him in was a woman). Chris told him it was a bit of road rage, so the judge started asking him if he had anger problems, he told him no. And somehow they got on the subject of us fixing to move to Dalton. The judge asked him if his fiance was here and he said yes, and the judge made me come up there! He asked me if Chris ever had any anger problems towards me.. I told him no. Then the judge told Chris that since he was trying to make a life for his family he was going to reduce his charge to "too fast for conditions" in case Chris ever tried to get a job that required driving (you can't get one if you have reckless driving on your record). That helped us out soooo much! The fine was only $200 and that included court costs. Chris also said after seeing that video he never wanted to speed again. We'll see how that goes because he has a bit of a lead foot, but he has gotten a lot better since the baby was born. He got that ticket when we were broken up.

So then we had $300 extra that we didn't think we would so we went to Wal-Mart and got Grace a night stand type thing, a microwave, some tupperware, a strainer, and a measuring cup (I plan on doing lots of cooking). All that was only $80 though, so we still have $220 extra, which is a blessing! Because we still need a couch and kitchen table and chairs, and that will help.
Also, my mom is coming around somewhat. As I suspected she wasn't too happy about the whole thing.. still isn't, but I wasn't going to be living here forever whether I had a baby or not. She's being nicer tonight though. She called me while I was at Chris' and said that she would give me the spice rack she has, and some other stuff. She pretty much said I could have whatever I wanted. I'm not going to take all her stuff, but I do want the spice rack lol. She has three so I don't think it would make much of a difference.
Lastly, I have about 20 boxes packed! Still a ton more stuff to go. I used all my boxes, so Morgan brought me six more today. I already have boxes stacked everywhere. I don't know where I am going to put more lol. I really hope we can move in soon.

13 comments:

  1. That's great. I am really happy for you. And that's awesome that you have some extra money. if you dont mind used stuff you can always find a couch on craigslist. A lot of times they have nice ones on there for good deals. The couch that we have we bought of craigslist. It is 1 and a half years old. The couple we got it from got a new set and so they wanted to get rid of this one. They had it sitting out in a shed for 6 months so I was nervous what it was going to look like exactly. We looked at it when we bought it and you could tell it was dirty but I thought I could scrubbed it down. We got it home and washed it down with dollar store fabric cleaner and tooth brushes. It took some elbow grease but it worked. We got it looking better than I thought it would. It looked brand new and everybody who saw it thought so to. The best part we only paid $30 for it. Also if you look under free stuff then you are likely to find some things. Thats where we got our first couch and it lasted us a bit until the dogs ate a hole in it one day. We also got our coffee table off the free stuff. I love it. It is painted white. Drew is going to sand it down one day so we can repaint it. The wood underneath is in excellent condition but I really like the white with the brown couch and black entertainment center and colorful rug that we also got for free from his aunt. We also got our bed for free from a friend (we use to have a twin bed but now a full) and then we got our dresser and night stand for free off craigslist. We all four shared a four drawer dresser before. But what I am trying to say is if you can wait on furniture or not go for brand new than go for it. We went months without a table (got from his aunt) and a couch. Not trying to tell you what to do but just trying to give some helpful advice. I've been there. Believe you'll feel good about getting something cheaper and being able to have some extra money for Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I think we are going to wait on a table for awhile unless we can find a cheap one somewhere. We are not planning on buying that used. I am a little weird about used couches, but if I looked it over thoroughly and it passed my inspection I wouldn't mind lol. We actually did buy that entertainment center that we found on craigslist today. The guy only wanted 10% of what he paid for it! And it looks new.
    Whoever invented craigslist (craig? lol) is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea. I know what you mean by being picky. If my babies are going to be on it or using it it has to be CLEAN. And that's awesome about the entertainment center. I have to get one that sets the tv higher because Charleigh loves to push buttons especially when her brother is watching Thomas the Train. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha it must be fun having two kids. Hectic, but fun lol. We just needed one that fit our tv. Chris' mom is well-off and she bought us a 42" flat screen tv last Christmas. She is very extravagant with her presents lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I can't tell you how much my husband would love that. We hardly ever get presents for Christmas anymore but we really don't care. My husband really wants a video game of some kind. He said he would even take like a Nintendo 64 at this time. Poor baby he doesn't have any man toys. Yeah it is fun having 2 kids. I couldn't imagine life with just one. But that might be because they are 10 months a part and i really never got the chance to actually have one. Now with baby #3 on the way Idk how I can't imagine 3. I mean i only have 2 hands and thats not enough now. LOL. I always say I think God has a sense of humor because he only gave mom's 2 hands. But anyways... I'm sure once number 3 gets here I won't remember life with just 2. Just like when Kaedyn was born I didn't remember life without a baby. It all just falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris has an xbox that his mom got him for his birthday just after Grace was born (his birthday is 18 days after hers), and I HATE it! Be thankful he doesn't have one.. that thing is what started causing problems for us in the first place. He got addicted quick, and it consumed his life. He has gotten a lot better now, but those first few months were just awful. I am actually kind of glad that we wont be having internet for the first month or so.. that way we can get settled in without the interruption of an xbox.
    So I know you are keeping the gender a surprise, but do you have names picked out?? I absolutely adore your kids names! And I love the way you spelled them differently too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know about the game issue. We use to have a playstation and it would constantly come between us. It always came before me he said it didn't but it did. When I was going to class and he had the babies he would be on it as soon as I walked out the door. I caught him and he promised not to do it again. The babies need their breakfast and to be dressed for the day and of course played with. Charleigh actually needed feeding cause she was just a baby but he would be on that game and just have her sitting in her bouncy with a bottle propped up which was really bad for her reflux. So I forgot something and had to run back to the apartment and I looked through the window and there he was playing video games. So i Knocked on the door and told him it was me that I had forgot something and he said to hold own and hurried and put the playstation up. He didnt know know I could see through the window. He then lied when I confronted him about it. He did that twice and so I got rid of it. My babies come first. Plain and simple. Months later my mom gave us my brother's old one and he started playing it again while i was at school but i had a serious talk with him and i told him that if he ever wanted to play it then he needed to stop. That was his time with the babies. But kaedyn ened up stepping on it and it broke. LOL.But he did get better when we did have it. We took in a guy at school who was living in his van to support his wife and daughter up in kennesaw and he had a playstation 3 and when the babies went to bed they would play it but he would choose a movie with me some nights also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the baby names... As the ultrasound date gets closer I am getting more anxious to know I have to stay strong. It's hard. I like the idea of calling the baby it's name and teaching the others it's name. But if it's a girl its going to be Ellanoa ( Ella- Noah). And if it's a boy it will be Rockit. I also have the middle names for the girl the boy not to sure yet. But Ellanoa Knaeveh (naeveh) Knoalla (noalla)and for the boy Rockit Dodge Dash

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww those a cool names!! What are Kaedyn and Charleigh's middle names?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and as for the game system thing.. I caught Chris leaving Grace in her walker several times while he was playing games. Sometimes she would be crying hysterically and he would say that he couldn't get her to stop so he just left her there. It worried me so much. Plus he would never talk to me, and if I even tried to talk he would get mad because I was "breaking his concentration" so all of that caused a lot of fights, and bottled up anger on my part. I just hope he doesn't get into that again. He promises he won't and even admits he was addicted, but I'm still scared. That is like the main thing I'm scared about. That and me starting school back because he will have to watch her on his own, and he hasn't done that since the middle of May. She's a lot more active now, and is into everything so she has to be watched constantly..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah I caught Drew just leaving Kaedyn in bed and saying that O he wanted to be in there which was of course a lie. I know my babies. Yeah that's one of the main reasons I started to do online courses. That way he didn't have to watch them and I knew that they were being taken care of. It scared me all the time. It scares me even that I have to go back to school in the fall because this is the last quarter of my online classes. It's really scary. They are toddlers. They are into everything. Just a couple days ago I told drew that I was going to go back to the room to check the email. He said ok. Well a couple minutes later I hear Charleigh crying. It was a hurt cry. I automatically went to see what was wrong and she was walking down the hall holding scissors that I told drew to put away when he was finished. She got a chair and climbed up and grabbed them and then fell out. Thank God she wasn't hurt but she really could have been. She could of fallen wrong on the scissors. But where was Drew at this time. In the bathroom. He said he really had to go and he only was going to leave them a couple of minutes. He should of just told me and I would of went out there. He goes in there to read and play games on the phone. It's retarded. I was so mad. It only takes a second for something to happen and with 2 you really have to stay on top of watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kaedyn's middle name is Drew David. But that's because all the boys in my family have the name David and I needed another d to go along and so he has his daddy's middle name. Drew's first name is actually Christopher. But we use the same first letters in the middle names that way when we get stuff monogrammed it just looks like KDG. Charleigh's middle name is Alyana Anavae. Again just CAG.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I'm guessing you guys like the whole two middle names thing lol. They are pretty names though. My poor sister is Cheyenne Tamarah Starr.. they had to make it as long as they possible could lol.

    ReplyDelete