Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The baby shower!!

Today was our baby shower :):)
I had a lot of fun! I don't have many pictures yet because my mom took all the pictures for us, so they are all on her camera at her house. As soon as I get them I will post them on here.

We had just about 30 people there, which was about what I was expecting. As far as family, there was my mom, sister, brother, dad, nana, aunt, and cousin, Chris' mom, 2 aunt's, and 5 of his cousins. Then for friends there was Erica, Cayle, and Adam; Kendra, her boyfriend, and son (Michael), Ashley, Haley, my mom's friend Deborah, and B.J. and his step-son Austin (our neighbors). And of course, Grace, Chris, and me. Which is amazing consdering I only had like 15 people at Grace's shower!! Lol. I thought since this was a "second shower" we wouldn't have many people show up.

I also didn't figure we would get many big ticket items, which was fine with me. I wasn't expecting anyone to buy anything big, but I was pleasantly surprised..
We got a bath tub that folds for storage, the bedset we wanted, a bumbo seat, the swing/vibrating chair combo, the corvette walker, a small diaper bag, two receiving blankets, a monkey toy, a healthcare kit, a really nice picture frame, some teethers, a burp cloth, some booties, two hats, several bibs, a height chart, dirty diaper bags, ointment, a towel set, several packs of wash cloths, a rubber ducky, 2 things of body wash, a bath sets, some pacifiers, a set of ten bottles that are good when breastfeeding, 7 things of wipes in different sizes, 4 things of diapers in different sizes, a bow to hang on the hospital door, and $130 worth of gift cards!!!
And my nana also made a diaper cake that had tons of diapers, 4 onesies, socks, booties, pacifiers, bath and lotion stuff, and two little cars.
I feel so blessed to have such an amazing support system!! We literally had to load up my car, my mom's car, and Chris' mom's SUV to get everything back to our house. I never ever imagined that we would get that much stuff.

Chris' mom also bought Grace a ride on toy.. I think they are called powerwheels. It's purple and green Tinkerbell 4-wheeler. It's one of the ones that you have to charge up once the battery drains. Grace LOVES it! She want Grace to feel left out. It was really nice of her because those things are not cheap!

And then I cannot forget, Erica made the cake and cupcakes for us :) The cake was soooo cute! And both the cake and cupcakes tasted really good!


These are the other pictures I have for now..

Chris took these when we were opening presents lol.



 Once we got everything home the stuff took up our entire hallway!

Also, Grace thinks that this belongs to her :p 
(You can see the front of her Tinkerbell 4-wheeler in the background).


It really is amazing how much this shower has helped us out though. Now all we need is a car seat, a breasstpump, a big diaper bag, and a couple of other breastfeeding items, and the $130 in gift cards will really help out with that stuff!!

I will have more pics soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wish! That is awesome!!! Sounds like y'all got z ton of stuff . It's nice Grace got like big sister gift. I am sure she will be a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put most of the stuff away today, and his room is crammed!! He has a whole corner full of diapers and wipes! Lol. I got his bed set up too, and it's really cute! I just have to get his walls decorated now :)

    ReplyDelete