Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Before I was a mom...

Before I was a mom:
  • I was never concerned with how much money I spent or what I spent it for.
  • I never worried about where the closest hospital was or which hospital was the absolute best.
  • I was never certain about how I wanted to spend my day.
  • I never cared about what was on television or what kind of music was being listened to.
  • I spent my morning making sure I looked the way I wanted.
  • I went to school partially to socialize.
  • I had never known what it was like to share a room with someone, much less a bed.
  • I never drove the speed limit. .
  • I did not care how long I was out or where I went.
  • I had no idea what it was like to be friends with someone else who had a child.
  • I never thought about rather or not a person would be a good influence on a child.
  • I never wanted to get home quick. 
  • I never asked for help.
Before I was a mom:
  • I never worried about a simple cold.
  • I had never wanted to change a diaper before.
  • I had never had to soothe cries.
  • I never had to kiss a boo-boo.
  • I never cried when someone got a shot.
  • I was never concern with the temperature of water or food.
  • I never had to give someone two baths in a row because they peed in the water.
  • I never had to give someone a bath period.
  • I had never been thrown up on and did not mind.
  • I never wondered what kind of formula was best for a baby.
  • I never cried because I did not know why someone else was crying.
  • I was never concerned about making someone else look presentable.
  • I only had to make sure I was buckled in the car.
  • I never had to carry so many things with me just to go to the grocery store.
  • I never worried about whether food was nutritious enough or not.
  • I never had to go back home because we left the bottle.
  • I had never wiped a runny nose and did not mind.
  • I was never peed on.
  • I was never pooped on.
  • I never tried to get a boggie out.
  • I never stayed up all night because someone else did.
  • I had never held something until my arms fell asleep.
  • I was never woke up at night to make sure someone was breathing.
  • I never had to be quiet for nap time.
  • I never had to make sure all the supplies were stocked.
  • I never wondered where a simple scratch came from.
  • I was never concerned as to whether or not I was doing everything correct.
Before I was a mom:
  • I never looked into someone's eyes and instantly fell in love.
  • I simple grin never made me so happy.
  • I had never had a laughing contest.
  • I had never held someone in my arm so I could feel them breathing.
  • I never watched someone sleep so peacefully.
  • I had never known something could be so innocent.
  • I never thought toys could be so fun again.
  • I never knew that watching a milestone be reached would be so amazing.
  • I have never had so much pride in something I helped to create.
  • I never knew the coos would be so adorable.
  • I had no idea that I would love spending my days filled with nothing more than being a mom.
  • I did not know that she would be so beautiful.
  • I was amazed at how strong she is.
  • I never knew saying "she's not sick anymore" could bring me so much happiness.
  • I did not know that she could make her father go from a charming boy to a wonderful man.
  • I never knew I could take so many pictures and videos.
  • I did not know I could brag about something so much.
  • I had no clue my heart could feel so complete.
  • I never wanted time to freeze to keep her the way she is, but go on to see her grow at the same time.
  • I had never hugged someone as much as I hug her.
  • I did not know how wonderful it felt to come home, and see her face light up when she saw me.
  • I had no clue I could say someone's name so many times in one day.
  • I did not know how awesome it would feel to see her respond to her name.
  • I was unaware of how much I could long to hear her say "mama."
  • I did not know how much fun just going on a walk could be.
  • I had no idea what a perfect family felt like.
  • I never knew what my purpose in life was.
  • I did not know how blessed I truly was.
  • I could not imagine my life without her.
  • I never knew I would LOVE being a mommy.
  • I did not know I could love someone as much as I love my daughter Amberlee Grace Evans :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel you, sister. lol. All of it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the sweetest thing ive ever read. and i could relate to everything you said in this. its amazing how a baby boy or girl brings out the best in people and makes them be a better person. [[not that there was anything wrong before]] love you both. <3

    ReplyDelete