Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My baby girl is growing up so fast!

          When she was born she was so tiny only 7 pounds and 14 ounces, and 21 and a half inches long. Now at 4 months she weighs 17 pounds and 1 ounce, and she is 26 and a half inches long! She is in the 95th percentile for both weight and height. She has been able to hold her head up since she was born, but she has completely mastered it now. She can even sit up on her own now, she is still a little wobbly when she does, but she can do it. She sat in a high chair for the first time last week, and has been doing it ever since. She also sits up in her bath tub now. She has mastered rolling over as well. She started rolling from her back to her tummy, but she can roll from her tummy to her back now too, and hold herself up while she is on her tummy. And just yesterday so was trying to crawl. She has been scooting herself for a while now, but yesterday she got a new toy and she wanted to play with it so bad that she got up on her hands and knees. She kept falling over, but she eventually did get to the toy through a mixture of falling forward and scooting. Speaking of new toy.. she even plays with her toys now. She reaches for them and grabs them, and even holds onto them. She is also learning cause and effect.. she has a piano that has a book attached to it and when you turn the pages the piano does different things. She turns the pages to where she wants it and it is so cute to watch her do that. She has learned so much since she was born.
          Just last week she began eating baby food. She loves it, but that is a major milestone for me. She has tried applesauce, which is her favorite, peaches, and bananas. She has also had rice cereal in her bottles which she loves as well, but she really like the baby food. She is so cute when she eats. When I first gave it to her she wasn't sure about the spoon, but now she'll open her mouth for more, and if I don't give her a bite fast enough she gets mad. She still doesn't eat a whole jar at one and she is only in stage 1 baby food, but she is still eating it. She doesn't just use bottles anymore.
          The last thing is that she is so noisy now. That is not a bad thing by any means.. she has found her voice. She babbles all the time about anything and everything. I just wish I knew what she was trying to tell us so we could talk back. She also is laughing at things now. She laughs at her toys, or when we make funny faces or noises at her, or when we tickle her, or when her daddy acts like he's going to drop her (I am too scared to do that lol). And she has learned to scream for attention. I am not to fond of that, but I know she only wants attention because if you start talking to her she'll smile, and if you pick her up she doesn't scream again. She also says "ma." She hasn't quite said "mama" yet, but I know it is coming soon. I cannot wait!
           I miss her being a tiny baby is some ways, but I love seeing her learn new things. I love hearing her try to talk to me. And I love seeing her smile at me. She is growing up fast.. the days are flying by. I never believed my parents when they said that the years go by faster when you have kids, but now I know exactly what they are talking about. I feel like I'll miss something if I just blink, and I don't want to miss a single thing. She needs to slow down so I can take it all in lol.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this i couldn't help but smile. My babies are 23 months and 12 months. Let me tell you it dies go by so fast. I look at their pictures on the wall and begin to tear up. Where did the time go. My 12 month old is walking really well no when just 2 weeks ago she could may take 2 steps. My 23 month old is now beginning to fully communicate with me. Whole sentences not just words or fragments. On their birthdays I actually cry. To me it was just yesterday that I first held them. Where does the time go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you know I agree with that. Sami just looked at me and asked me to put her shoes on. I know all of her milestones came late. And you know she just now started really doing everything, but that hit me even harder. lol It was crazy, like all at once. But I LOVE it! Sami is so big now! She is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete