Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Loss..

My daughter lost her Great Grandpa yesterday. He was her daddy's grandfather, but I cared about him very much too. He had a massive heart attack and passed away on February 24th, 2009. He was 74 years old. It saddens me to think that my daughter will never get to know her "grandpa." He loved her very much. He was a very nice man. For Christmas he gave me a card that called me his granddaughter. It made me feel accepted into their family.
We went over to his house to be with the family and it made me very sad when I walked through the door and he wasn't in his chair. He was always sitting in the same chair and when I would walk through the door he would say "hey gal" and ask me how I was doing, and I would ask him the same.
I know he is in a better place now. His wife of over 30 years died six years ago and he never let go of her, and now he is with her, so I know he is happy.
My fiance is taking it hard though. His grandfather was the only real father figure he ever had, and he raised him well. I just hope that Chris is not hurting too much. He is not one to show his true emotions, even to me, so all I know to do is stand by his side and be there for him.
I plan on taking one of the pictures that we have of Grandpa holding Grace and putting it in her baby book with a little something about him, so she knows who he was and that he loved her.
Rest in peace Richard "Dick" Roy Ferrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment