Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thirteen Reasons Why

I finished this book in less than 24 hours. All 288 pages. It was that good. 

Now, if you're looking for something light to read, I don't recommend this book. It's a tear-jerker for sure, but it has a very powerful message.

You're inside of Clay's head as he listens his way through thirteen tapes that a girl he barely knew sent out. This girl committed suicide just after sending them, and on the tapes are the thirteen reasons (all involving specific people) that led her to commit suicide. As I said, extremely sad. But the story is amazingly powerful. I believe that this book should be a mandatory read for every high school in the nation. I know that, when my kids are old enough, I'll have them read it for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That sounds powerful! I will consider reading it. What made you pick it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very uniquely written. It shows how one thing can set so many other things in motion. She calls it the snowball effect. It also teaches valuable lessons in spreading/believing rumors. And how your actions may seem harmless, but they really aren't.

    I had seen it pinned on pinterest a couple of times. Then I was in Target and they had it. I read the back and it sounded really good. I almost bought it then, but I didn't. A few weeks later, I hadn't forgotten about it so I knew I would like it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd lend it to you, but it's an ebook on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete