Being a young mom means we met a little early, but I get to love them longer.


Here are some links to helpful posts I have done in the past :)

Learn about car seat safety HERE!

Need breastfeeding advice? Click HERE for lots of helpful tips!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, January 21, 2013

Annoyed.

As I mentioned, there is a girl I was somewhat friends with in high school who's in two of my classes this semester. I thought we were out of high school now, but apparently not. 

The first time I noticed it, I had answered a couple of questions the professor was asking and she said, "I'm glad I'm sitting by you. I have no idea what she's talking about." 
I was instantly reminded of high school where people used to sit beside me so they could try to cheat off me. But I didn't think much of it.

In one of our classes, we have weekly online quizzes. I had mentioned that I had already taken mine and that it was pretty easy as long as you read the chapter. 

A couple of days later, she texts me and asks if I can "help" her with the quiz?? Seriously?? That's flat out cheating! It says in the syllabus that we're not supposed to have any outside help. 
I told her all the answers were in the book, and she started droning on about how she was confused about how the quiz worked, so she did it wrong the second time (we can take it three times). 
I told her I didn't remember the questions or answers, and she texted back saying, "Do you think if you saw it, you'd remember?" 
I told her I didn't know and she started asking when I was going to get to campus. 

I made sure to get there with only enough time to get to class so she wouldn't try to get me to help her. The quiz was going to close during our class, but we got out of class early. 

I went to the library to print the things our professor told us to print, and she sat down beside me, pulled up the quiz, and started asking me if I knew the answers??? 
She didn't even get out her book! She just wanted me to tell her the answers! 
I kept telling her I didn't know. 
If she does this again, I'm not going to be so nice. I don't like being used. 

Then, we didn't have our EDUC class on Thursday. We were supposed to do an online assignment that was open for THREE days. She texts me after the three days are up saying that she forgot to do it and was acting annoyed that I didn't somehow telepathically know I should've reminded her. 

And another time, I got to lab and didn't see her, so I chose at a lab table someone was already sitting at. When she got to class, five minutes late, she rolled her eyes because she couldn't sit next to me. Then she started asking me questions from across the room instead of asking the three other people in her group. 

What the heck do I do in this situation??? I don't like being mean to people, but I think I may end up having to be. I'm not a textbook she can hit up for information. Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lord! That is ridiculous. I am sorry. that sounds exactly like highschool. Idk what to tell you. I used to just say, "No. I think that is cheating. And I am not going to get in trouble for cheating." That was the truth. I wasn't going to get into trouble because somebody didn't study their stuff like they were supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's bull! If you can find a way to do your work on top of raising 2 kids, she needs to find a way to do hers. I would have to turn into a witch and tell her off. I hate people like that. There's no way she'll be able to pass the course if she isn't doing any of the work on her own.

    ReplyDelete